Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Reading Notes: Ramayana Part D

Rama and Hanuman vs Ravana (Wikipedia)

Reading through Hanuman's infiltration, I can see a couple major points: Hanuman sees Ravana's wife and mistakes her for Sita until closer inspection, then Hanuman finds Sita guarded by multiple Rakshasas, then Hanuman turns giant and destroys the villa. After this he allows himself to get caught and his punishment was to have his tail set on fire. This backfires as Hanuman escapes and burns down the entire city with his tail. I feel like I could write a spy story about this where an agent infiltrates a complex, gets caught, then is sent to be executed by a flamethrower. He steals the flamethrower and uses it to wreak havoc on the complex and escape. I also like Vibhishana. He's been telling Ravana to release Sita otherwise he'll be killed, but Ravana gets angry and tells him to leave or die. This was a breaking point for Vibhishana and he joins Rama's side and shows Ravana that he was right. I could cover Vibhishana's pleas with Ravana, Ravana's outburst, and Vibhishana's mental battle that ends in him joining Rama. I feel like I could also cover the fight with Kumbakarna. Since the story mentions Kumbakarna fighting with only inches of his body left intact, I could make a story like Alien or The Thing where scientists are trapped in a station with a very durable and deadly creature. I also want to do a story about Rama's fight with Ravana. The climax where Rama used the Brahmastra was really exciting and I could make a story just about the fight alone.

Bibliography: The Ramayana by R. K. Narayan

No comments:

Post a Comment