Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata Part C

Dove Lake (Wikipedia)

I really liked the story about the lake and the questions. Nakula understandably runs up and drinks because he's so thirsty that he just ignores the voice he's hearing. When Sahadeva did it though, it seemed pretty funny because I can't imagine him not seeing Nakula's corpse sitting there. The part where Arjuna fired an arrow at the voice made me laugh too, then he rained a barrage down on it and the voice persisted. I feel like I could make this into a more humorous thing. I could increase the amount of questions, since 100 doesn't seem like much to reduce someone to start whispering the answers out of exhaustion. I think I could have different characters too, maybe set it in modern day, so at the end the same boon is given (being unrecognizable), but it would actually be somewhat of a curse for the person it was inflicted on, since they have no need to be unrecognizable.

Bibliography: The Mahabharata by R. K. Narayan

No comments:

Post a Comment