Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna Dharma's Ramayana Part G

Archer's Arrow (Public Domain Pictures)

Continuing on my focusing of the weapons used, I took interest in the brahmastra. The arrow seemed like an unstoppable meteoric force of nature when fired. It dazzled and blinded everyone in its path with the brightness of a star. What I thought was most interesting was when Rama suggested that two brahmastras colliding could bring an end to the cosmos itself, as if all the energy contained within would suddenly release and bring about uncontrollable destruction. When I read that I thought that I could do a story where Rama does use the brahmastra against Ravana. I could detail the build up to the event, the arrow as it flew through the sky, and the shock of the collision. After this I think I would have Rama and Lakshmana still alive at the end of it, with Ravana being defeated but their surroundings turned to ash. It would be like a pyrrhic victory, and with no home to return to, or loved ones to meet, Rama would come to deeply regret firing the brahmastra.

Bibliography: The Ramayana by Krishna Dharma


No comments:

Post a Comment