Sunday, February 4, 2018

Extra Credit Reading Notes: Ramayana Introduction Videos



My favorite video was the Crash Course one, seen above. It's interesting learning how the Ramayana was passed down vocally for hundreds of years before it was written down, and also how the names of the characters are pronounced. The video goes really fast though, and skips over some important stuff, like Rama and Lakshmana's battle with the Maricha. The animations and images are really nice as a supplement to the material though. Although it's really fast, it gives me a lot of information. I'm sure it'll help when I read more in the future, thinking back to the video. The question of who the hero is near the end of the video is thought provoking and makes me think of how the story would be told if it followed other characters.

Rama and Ramayana: Crash Course Mythology #27 by CrashCourse

No comments:

Post a Comment