Sunday, February 25, 2018

Reading Notes: Mahabharata Part B

Arjuna (Wikipedia)

So again I think it'd be neat to do something that I had in mind for my storybook, and that is the whole As Shown On TV advertisement idea. I could do it with Gandiva, though the story itself doesn't go into much detail about Gandiva. Looking it up, I realized I already read about it during the start of the semester. It crackles like thunder when shot, has 108 strings (one of which is of celestial origin and indestructible), and comes with an infinite quiver. I think I could advertise it as a multi-tool type product that does everything. I'd have a lumberjack use it to cut down a whole forest, a hunter use it to hunt game, and a home owner to use it for home defense. The demonstrations could show the entire forest being cut down, every bird in every tree flying away simultaneously, and a door to a house being exploded. Or the house being exploded. Either way I'd also put some focus on the inexhaustible quiver being included for free for a limited time. I could say something that you'd see on TV like "The space inside the quiver is expanded to infinity due to our patent-pending wormhole generator inside! It works like this -" At the end I'd include a bunch of warnings to take liability away from the company, as well as no refunds in case the customer isn't deemed worthy enough to use it.

Bibliography: The Mahabharata by R. K. Narayan

No comments:

Post a Comment