Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna Dharma's Ramayana Part H

Crescent Moon (Wikipedia)

Coming into this reading I knew I wanted to focus on astras. When I made a storybook I planned to have it themed around the SCP Project stuff so I want to do at least one story so that idea doesn't go to waste. I read about Lakshmana's battle with Indrajit and saw that Lakshamana ended up winning the battle with the divine Aindrastra. So if I lay out all the things described about the Aindrastra I get that it's activated through prayer (as are the other astras), it requires great concentration to aim, it flies faster than Indrajit can react, and the tip is shaped so that it could sever Indrajit's head cleanly. So I think I'll make the tip crescent shaped. I think in my story I'll up the supernatural properties of it so that instead of being extremely fast, it affects causality itself. In the experiments I could have the arrow disappear from reality and reappear as it hits its target. I could also note that nothing happens when someone uses it if they don't activate it with a prayer, and that unskilled users would result in a diminished effect of the arrow (it just flies slightly faster than a regular arrow or misses the target). I'd include a physical description of the item as various experiments, such as shooting the arrow from multiple kilometers away from the target and shooting the arrow into a target obstructed by a wall. (It would still hit the target as long as the arrow is pointed at it, and it would destroy the wall and still hit the target too.)

Bibliography: The Ramayana by Krishna Dharma

No comments:

Post a Comment