Sunday, January 28, 2018

Growth Challenge: Student Quotes

Stars (Wikipedia)


"The way I saw it, I couldn't get higher than an A, so why put in any extra effort? Then college happened and I all but failed my first semester. My perspective and my GPA have grown a lot from that point of failure. I know how to deal with failure now, and I can push through when it happens."

"In order to perform well in a course, I cannot limit my learning to what's required. Difficult topics become easier when I dive deeper into details beyond what I will be tested over. Memorization is no good; I pay tuition in order to truly learn and better myself with the help of my professors."

Never really thought of going beyond what's required of me when it comes to schoolwork. I always do the minimum of what's required to make an A, but I can see the use in delving in deeper and putting forth extra effort to really grasp these concepts. It's a good point the second quote is making with the fact that I'm paying for all this. I shouldn't be seeing schoolwork as an obstacle to overcome, but rather as an opportunity to gain more knowledge.

Of course, I'm probably going to end up seeing them as both.

Bibliography: Growth Mindset padlet

No comments:

Post a Comment