Sunday, January 28, 2018

Famous Last Words: Start

Paper and Pencil (Public Domain Pictures)

My reading was pretty easy this week and I had plenty of time to do the full reading since I started early. My favorites were from the Jataka Tales. The Goblin City one was really neat, even if the ending felt like some kind of deus ex machina, and I also liked the one with the monkey who fooled the alligator. I think I did pretty well with my story this week and I'm going to have a tough time following it up. Making a story that rhymed like that was pretty hard though, I would get to a point where I wanted to end it and then discover my word count isn't high enough. I repeated that like 3 times. One good strategy I found for getting into a 'writer's groove' is just sitting down and working on it with no distractions. It's really easy to get distracted by friends with social media so you just have to close everything out and start working. Of course, this applies to any other activity too. I've been pretty swamped with other classes even though it's the start of the semester, so I'm glad I started early here. Outside of school, I've been drawing regularly, though I haven't made a 'serious' drawing in awhile. Next week I'll try to get some stuff done early in this class and others, because it looks like I'm going to be getting blindsided with short due dates throughout the semester. After that I'm hoping I can start a new drawing project. I might be too busy with projects to do so though, since I'm in two courses with heavy focus on group projects throughout the semester. Anyways, I really like planning stuff out for next week like this. I heard that if you go to bed and think about what you're going to do tomorrow, you'll end up falling asleep more easily. Something to do with how we resolve our worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment