Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Reading Notes: More Jatakas Part A

Wolf on its hind legs (Pinterest)

I read The Tricky Wolf and the Rats. I thought the idea of a person feigning innocence/injury taking out others who are unsuspecting as a result of the lie was interesting. My first thought would be that I could turn it into a murder mystery story. I'd make a change where the viewer is surprised too at the end. I'd have to make sure not to make it some copout like "It was the chef of the mansion all along! By the way there was a chef" and have some clues that make the reader go back and think "How did I not see it coming?" I really like stories that do that. Where really subtle actions can have a lot of meaning after you read the story.

I also read The Stupid Monkeys and I thought of adapting the story to a more modern format. I could make it so the crew of a bomber is flying around when the pilot sees a foreign object blockage in the bomb bays. He tells the rest of the crew he'll fix it after he goes to the restroom. Other members of the crew figure they can fix it themselves and open the bomb bay doors to quickly clean the bomb bays. They end up dropping all the bombs and the pilot comes back unalarmed until the plane starts shaking.

Bibliography: More Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt

No comments:

Post a Comment