Sunday, April 1, 2018

Learning Challenge: Article

Daydreaming (Times of Israel)

I read Daydreaming is good: It means you're smart by Science Daily

I've always thought of daydreaming as being creative with more active daydreaming corresponding to higher creativity, and it looks like empirical data was gathered to help corroborate the belief. I wonder just how much daydreaming and intelligence/creativity are linked. Does daydreaming increase creativity or does it just act as a signal that suggests the person is creative? Anyways I believe that creativity and intelligence can be developed and trained, so I wonder if I'd start daydreaming more as I develop. This is all given that I don't play with my phone immediately when I get bored, which I think has largely replaced daydreaming in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment