Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Reading Notes: Krishna Dharma Mahabharata Part A

Fireworks (Wikipedia)

What stood out most to me here was the Martial Exhibition chapter. It was a very detailed account of the events, starting with Arjuna focusing only on the wooden bird's head in the distance, his fearlessness when it came to acting for his master, and him receiving the brahmastra. I found it odd though that the stadium was constructed in such a fast manner. I might make my story more fantasy-like with magicians instead of the princes and a mage instead of Drona. Instead of having them shoot targets while riding chariots, I could have magicians hitting clay pigeons flying around, making them explode into fireworks. Arjuna's introduction was really stunning, he's presented as the best warrior to ever live, clad in golden armor and with a demeanor that supports it. I don't think I'll change much with Arjuna's demonstration of elemental mastery. I think I'll end the story a bit after Karna enters, introducing Karna as some other kind of magician, whether a necromancer or sorceror, something that distinguishes him from the others. I could actually make him a more dark-arts aligned magician, that could be interesting. In that case, the princes would be using holy energy and chants for their spells.

Bibliography: Mahabharata by Krishna Dharma

No comments:

Post a Comment