Friday, March 23, 2018

Learning Challenge: Sitting Article

Chair in use (Wikipedia)

Though I knew that prolonged sitting was bad for you, I didn't know that it was as bad as the article says it is. The article has good advice to get up and walk around or stretch every 30 minutes or so, and I think I'll take that advice. Maybe not as often as 30 minutes though, since sometimes I get into 'focus mode' and end up doing stuff for a long time. I'm still young though, so I should be fine not stretching or moving too often.

Article: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/09/04/547580952/get-off-the-couch-baby-boomers-or-you-may-not-be-able-to-later

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tyler!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this article. I might take a look at it myself for extra credit this week. I am thankful I was gifted an Apple watch that bugs me to stand up every hour...now I need to find out the reasoning behind it all!
    Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete